Five things about my week. Sponsored by Meet Virginia.
1. I may or may not have eaten one (or two!) of these (Almost) Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies as part of my breakfast in the morning this week!
They are good post-run fuel, right?
2. Sadly, I am still dealing with the incident at school that has the administration involved, so my stress level continues to run high.
(This is my “GRRRR!!!” face.)
3. “Termination dust” (a.k.a. snow on the mountain tops) made its debut this week.
4. I made my first bowl of pumpkin oats and a batch of Banana Pumpkin Muffins this week! I can’t deny the fact anymore that fall is truly here seeing that half the leaves are already on the ground.
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup vanilla-flavored almond milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 banana, sliced
1 teaspoon ground flax seed
1 teaspoon chia seeds
2 Tablespoons pumpkin
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
dash of allspice, cloves, and nutmeg
dash of salt
1. Combine oats, milk, water, banana, flax, and chia seeds in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, and spices.
4. Top with peanut butter, coconut, and raisins.
5. This guy came home today after spending the week in New York at trainings for work.
We went on a walk after dinner. It was great just hanging out with Craig and catching up with him because we didn’t talk much at all this week.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!