I love muffins. They are definitely the baked good I make most often.
They are portable.
They are relatively healthy. (At least the ones I make.)
They are a single serving.
They are delicious!
And I love carbs, what can I say?! Good thing I have a reason to do some carb-loading this week!
. . . . . . . .
Lemon Pistachio Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chia seeds
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Combine flours, wheat germ, brown sugar, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, applesauce, canola oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk to combine.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until moistened.
4. Fold in pistachios.
5. Prepare muffin tin with paper liners or non-stick cooking spray.
6. Bake for 12 minutes in preheated, 425* oven.
7. Cool for 2-3 minutes and then remove from muffin tin to cooling rack.
Lemon + Pistachios are a great combination!
Don’t believe me? Check out these as well!
The lemon really came through in these, and I love the crunch from the chia seeds!
. . . . . . .
This morning, I completed my last track workout before the marathon.
2 mile warm-up run to the track
2 x 400 meters
2 x 800 meters
400 meters of jogging in between each interval
1 mile cool-down
Total: 5 miles
After my run today, I enjoyed a very relaxing massage!
I treated my body to an hour of deep tissue massage for enduring several months of hard training! Hopefully it helps me on Saturday!
I’m off to run a few errands and then lay low for the evening!
. . . . .
How do you pamper yourself before a big race?