Seriously?!?! What happened to the weekend? It feels like Friday was just yesterday!
Anyway, onto my Sunday happenings.
Sunday mornings are now reserved for my long run, and I always make sure to have a decent sized breakfast before heading out—otherwise I get hungry when I’m out running.
1/2 bagel + peanut butter + banana
Multigrain Cheerios + milk
Today’s run was a little on the difficult side. I wasn’t really feeling it, but I chugged along and got 10 miles in the bag.
Here’s a look at my workouts from this past week:
Monday – off
Tuesday – 7 mile run + 45 minutes weight lifting
Wednesday – 5 mile run
Thursday – 9 mile run
Friday – 5 mile run + 40 minutes weight lifting
Saturday – 5 mile run
Sunday – 10 mile run
Total: 41 miles
After returning from a run, I always make sure to refuel within a half an hour. Today’s post-run fuel:
strawberry and banana protein smoothie
milk + frozen strawberries + 1/2 banana + applesauce + protein powder
a slice of homemade bread toasted with some butter
I was really looking forward to a class filled with some good hip opening exercises, hamstring stretches, and anything else for my tight muscles from running.
Unfortunately I was a little disappointed with the class for a few reasons:
1. There were 3 girls next to me that kept whispering and snickering during the whole class, which obviously was really distracting.
2. We held each stretch for 2-3 minutes, which seemed exceptionally long to me because after holding some of the stretches, I started to lose circulation in various body parts.
3. And overall, I just didn’t feel like I got a very good stretch from the class.
tomato + muenster cheese + avocado between two pieces of homemade bread
This pear was super ripe, sweet, and juicy!
I also snacked on Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips this afternoon.
This afternoon, I made another batch of No-Bake Granola Bars!
No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup puffed brown rice cereal
1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
1/8 cup sunflower seeds
1/8 cup chia seeds
1/8 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Tablespoons finely ground flaxseed
1/8 cup agave nectar
1/8 cup honey
1/6 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, combine the oats, cereal, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, coconut, and flaxseed.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the agave nectar, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Microwave for 20-25 seconds—or until softened.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients in small amounts. Mix until incorporated.
4. Press into dish.
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and are re-energized for the week ahead!
What are your favorite things to put into a sandwich?