I love waking up on a Saturday morning before anyone else is up (okay that would just be Craig), lighting candles (now that it is dark when I get up), eating a breakfast drawn out over 45 minutes, and just chilling–usually checking my e-mail, Facebook, and reading blogs. And that’s exactly what I did this morning! It was glorious!
Breakfast included soymilk poured over Life cinnamon-flavored cereal.
I also had a piece of toast with my beloved sunflower seed butter.
I’ve gone too long without this in my life, and it was important it returned soon! I picked it up yesterday at the store.
After the sun came up at 9:22 a.m. this morning, I laced up my running shoes for my weekly long run.
I have to admit I wasn’t all that thrilled to go and run outside in the cold, but thankfully my self-motivation is strong.
Craig biked with me for a little over half-way. After that he wasn’t warming up (since he was on his bike), so he took off. I ran 10 miles today since this is a recovery week, and then next week I’ll start upping my mileage to about 40 miles.
Eats once getting back.
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tablespoon soy protein powder
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- splash of vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
Add all ingredients to the blender and mix until blended.
And a Carrots ‘N’ Cake specialty: sandwich thin + peanut butter + milk chocolate and peanut butter chips!! Mmmm. . . this was the first time I had this, and I’m hooked! Now I know why Tina eats them all the time!!
Now I’m just trying to get warm again. I turned the heat up, and I’m sipping on a mug of hot tea!
Plans for today:
- wash the dishes (which helps me warm up)
- shower and get ready (which will definitely get me warm–that is after blow drying my hair and piling on several layers of clothes )
- go shopping (the mall and Target)
- bake something for tonight
- Halloween party hosted by one of Craig’s co-workers (I’m not sure if we are going to wear costumes or not.)
Are you tired of seeing pumpkin on everyone’s blogs yet?